Senior Structural Engineer
Qualifications and Affiliations
- BEng (Civil/Structural)
- MEngSc (Structural)
Kaniz has accumulated 17 years experience within the civil, structural engineering fields. She has developed excellent expertise within these two engineering disciplines both overseas and within Australia, while working on major and complex projects of differing and challenging natures.
Having worked overseas, Kaniz has gained an insight into most of the international and regional structural codes of practices in addition to a comprehensive engineering judgment which he utilises in house. Kaniz’s keen dedication to put the client’s interest first has encouraged her to pursue different and innovative design concepts that involve economical and sustainable methods, meeting requirements of the relevant authorities. He has been a contributing factor in designing the from initial feasibility concept to design, documentation, construction and site supervision within the structural department.
Kaniz possesses an ability to lead a multidisciplinary design team, facilitate the development of new ideas, methods and innovative project management plans and design for a refined and engineered product and outcome whether commercial, industrial or residential in nature. Kaniz can aslo design hydraulic services for rooftwarer, sanitary, potable water to AS3500 codes
- Design of an 88 unit retirement resort in Browns Plains QLD to AS1170. AS3600, AS4100, AS1684, AS3500 codes
- Design of 9.3m high residential 2 storey house with suspended ground floor slab to AS3600 and steel framing to AS4100 as well as pile systems to AS2159
- Design of residential housing to AS1170 wind codes and AS1684 timber framing codes
- Design of 6,000 sq.m steel portal frame industrial building with crane rails and assoicated external concrete pavement in Meadowbrook QLD to AS4100 & AS3600
- Successfully reviewed design of cast in situ pile of four storied factory building because of test pile failure. Investigated design defects through previous test results analysis.
- Completed 8 storey (Height 25m) School building (Plinth area 7500sqm) and a six storey Hostel overseas both re-inforced concrete structures